Just leave the fields blank that you don't want to search
Dr Fernando Correia
Lecturer of Sustainable Business Management/ Programme Director of BA Business Management portfolio
|Biography||Dr Fernando Correia has more than 15 years of professional and academic experience in sustainability related fields.
Having started his career as an ecologist and later on in development work in the third sector, he started his research career on the implementation of sustainable tourism across Europe.
Since then he has worked on research on low carbon economy, leadership for sustainability, tourism, wellbeing and ecosystem services, amongst others.
Dr Correia developed the University of Hull's new BA Business Management with Sustainability, one of the first programmes of its kind in the UK.
Research Fellow at the Clear About Carbon project (University of Exeter), a European Social Fund project focused on the development of leadership and management skills for low carbon procurement and supply chain management.
The project led to the development of a carbon literacy e-learning resource, which became part of the National Sustainable Public Procurement Programme, promoted by Defra. It was also
- winner at the ESF-ITM Final Awards for Best Mainstreaming Project (2013)
- shortlisted for General Best Project Award at ESF-ITM Final Awards (2013)
- winner of the Innovation Group category at Cornwall Works WISE Awards (2012)
- winner of ESF Sustainable Development Specialist Project Leader Award (2011)
Under the EU-funded STEPPA (Sustainable Tourism in Enterprises, Parks and Protected Areas) project, Dr. Correia co-developed the guidelines for
- an evaluation, auditing and validation approach for the accreditation of businesses and other partners of the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism in Protected Areas (aka Charter Part II, from EUROPARC Federation)
- a system for the harmonisation and accreditation of the Charter Part II Certification Programmes at European Level
The Charter Part II system is now being implemented in hundreds of businesses in several countries and Protected Areas implementing the European Charter.
|Scopus Author ID||55613597100|