Skip to main content

Research Repository

Advanced Search

All Projects (16)

LIPS: A prospective registry-based cohort study to monitor the diagnosis and management of acute leukaemia in pregnancy Jun 1, 2018 - Feb 28, 2022
Acute leukaemia (AL) is an aggressive but potentially curable cancer that can affect women of childbearing age. When a pregnancy is complicated by a diagnosis of AL, clinicians face a complex dilemma: to balance risking the mother’s survival through... Read More about LIPS: A prospective registry-based cohort study to monitor the diagnosis and management of acute leukaemia in pregnancy.

Organic Disease masquerading as IBS: an RCT in primary care: The Lincolnshire Poacher Study (Promoting Optimal Assessment to Change Health and Engineer an Economic Revolution Jun 1, 2020 - Apr 30, 2023
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) affects up to 1 in 5 people in Britain. IBS can have a huge impact on a sufferer’s daily activities, general wellbeing, and overall health. IBS often carries major financial implications because of time lost from work,... Read More about Organic Disease masquerading as IBS: an RCT in primary care: The Lincolnshire Poacher Study (Promoting Optimal Assessment to Change Health and Engineer an Economic Revolution.

Evaluating the effectiveness and acceptability of free door to door transport to increase the uptake of breast screening appointments in Yorkshire: A cluster randomised GP pilot trial Jun 1, 2023 - Jul 31, 2025
Breast screening is one of the key tools in identifying breast cancer at an early stage. It is currently offered to women between the ages of 50 and 70 on a three yearly cycle. Whilst nationally breast screening uptake is 70% this leaves 30% of wom... Read More about Evaluating the effectiveness and acceptability of free door to door transport to increase the uptake of breast screening appointments in Yorkshire: A cluster randomised GP pilot trial.

REMEDI4ALL BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE EUROPEAN INNOVATION PLATFORM TO ENHANCE THE REPURPOSING OF MEDICINES FOR ALL Sep 1, 2022 - Aug 31, 2027
Osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) causes skeletal fragility, bone pain, sarcopenia and reduced connective tissue resilience, shown as hypermobility and aortic root dilatation (in adults). There is no effective treatment for OI. Current agents only target... Read More about REMEDI4ALL BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE EUROPEAN INNOVATION PLATFORM TO ENHANCE THE REPURPOSING OF MEDICINES FOR ALL.