Just leave the fields blank that you don't want to search
Dr Kevin Pimbblet
Director of DAIM
|Post Nominals||B.Sc.(Hons.), Ph.D., MInstP, M.A.I.P., F.R.A.S., F.A.S.A.|
|Biography||Physics Research Excellence Framework Lead/ Athena Swan Departmental Champion
Kevin is an experienced British-Australian observational astronomer, having worked in multiple research intensive institutions across two continents.
He read his PhD at the University of Durham (Collingwood College) and, following more than a decade in Australia, returned to the UK in 2014.
His core research interests cover a number of modern astrophysical topics and issues in the umbrella areas of extra-galactic astronomy and astrophysics, large-scale structure of the Universe and cosmology.
|Research Interests||Primary areas
- Galaxy evolution, formation, and environment over cosmologically significant timescales
- Stellar populations inside galaxies and their response to their physical environment
- Clusters and superclusters of galaxies, their kinematics, constituents, and growth
- Star formation in galaxies, and active galactic nuclei
- Brightest cluster galaxies (cD galaxies), and dwarf galaxies
- Filaments of galaxies that stretch between galaxy clusters, voids, large-scale structure, and topology
- Large, wide-field, and deep redshift surveys of the sky
- Astronomical image processing, automated classification, machine learning
- Virtual observatory, and catalogue matching and handling
- Astrophysics and physics education
- Dark energy, and the standard model of cosmology
- Random number generation, statistics, statistical methods, game theory
|Scopus Author ID||6602374588|