Just leave the fields blank that you don't want to search
Mrs Paula Gawthorpe
Lecturer In Adult Nursing / Senior Fellow Teaching Excellence Academy (Student Retention)
|Biography||Paula qualified as a registered general nurse in 1993, and joined the University in 2012.
Having worked mainly within an oncology setting since qualifying, she has extensive experience in the field of cancer and palliative care, and maintains her clinical credibility by working as a bank nurse in palliative care provision.
Paula's particular interests include ethics and decision making in palliative care, lung cancer and end of life care.
* Paula is currently undertaking a one year part time secondment role as a Senior Fellow, based within the Teaching Excellence Academy. The main focus of this post is enhancing and developing excellence in teaching, with a particular focus on inclusive curricula and student retention across the university.
|Research Interests||Currently completing a PhD in Palliative Care at Lancaster University. PhD focus is around relatives / carer experience of hope in palliative lung cancer care.|
|Teaching and Learning||Pre-registration modules
- Skills for Practice
- Essence of professional practice
- Managing Long term Health conditions
- Managing Complexity
- Safe & Competent Adult Nursing (module mead)
- Adult Nursing Practice
Post-registration modules / BSc Health Professional Studies:
- Work Based Learning (level 5 & 6)
- Evidencing Personal & Professional Development
- Enhancing Therapeutic Communication