- Physical modelling of river, estuarine and coastal flow processes and sediment transport dynamics.
- Application of laser and acoustic flow measurement techniques.
- Developing new techniques for physical modelling of ecohydraulics.
- Modelling environmental impacts on the seabed associated with offshore wind energy.
- Developing research in Natural Flood Management.
- Member of the Modelling Environmental Systems Research Group at the University of Hull.
- Member of the management team for HYDRALAB+ (http://www.hydralab.eu) which is a EU-funded Infrastructure programme funded through Horizon2020. There are more than 25 participants from throughout the EU.
- Member of the British Society for Geomorphology (http://britishgeomorphology.org.uk/)